Our Vision: a world rich in wildlife and wild places.
Our Mission: Living Coasts is part of an education, scientific and conservation charity dedicated to protecting our global wildlife heritage and inspiring in people a respect for animals, plants and the environment.
Living Coasts' mission will be achieved by:
- Keeping and breeding animals and propagating plants that are under threat or no longer exist in the wild.
- Offering all visitors an exciting and informative wildlife experience.
- Providing a resource for educational purposes, both within Living Coasts and externally.
- Contributing to the conservation of wildlife and the natural environment both within Living Coasts and beyond.
- Supporting and promoting the work of Living Coasts's owning body, the Whitley Wildlife Conservation Trust.
- Encouraging Zoo staff and volunteers to achieve their fullest potential to enable Living Coasts to meet its objectives.
- Promoting sustainability of local and global communities and their environment and managing Living Coasts to a plan to support these ideals.
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW!
If you'd like to stay informed of new products, events and special offers then please join our mailing lists.